Come listen to living prophets

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Incredible Perspectives


This video pretty much speaks for itself. It is the testimony of a couple who, after just three weeks of marriage, discovered that the husband, Daniel, had cancer. To this, I will just add my own testimony regarding trials that as Daniel says, "Sometimes tests aren't about passing or failing. Heavenly Father is not sitting up there with a pen and checklist while we are enduring a trial". I know that the trials we receive are specifically tailored to us personally and that Heavenly Father never leaves us alone during them. I'm truly grateful for the perspective we are blessed with when we endure our trials well. I'm beginning to learn that not only are we going to have similar trials on more than one occasion, but rather than immediately assuming that we've learned all that we need to from a particular trial, to exercise more faith in the Lord and be patient. It is often in these moments that we learn more than ever before and more than we could have imagined. I know that from personal experience and I'm so grateful that the Lord is patient with me as well and takes the time to help me learn lessons that I constantly need reminders of.

No comments:

Post a Comment