Come listen to living prophets

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I Know that My Redeemer Lives

I can't say I fully understand all the reasons for posting this today. Perhaps, if for no other reason, its to help me think aloud. I was looking over this month's First Presidency Message and as I did so, this song popped into my head. This particular version is so powerful to me personally. I remember hearing it for the first time on my mission, and just having a feeling of peace. Almost every day I spent in the mission field, I needed a reminder of why I was doing this work, because if I ever got to thinking it was just for my benefit, it wouldn't take long for discouragement and disappointment to settle in. But remembering what this message means to me, that my Savior Jesus Christ not only suffered and died for my sins, but continues to live for me today, changes everything. I can't think of a greater message that needs to be shared with this world. I'm so grateful that my elder brother would have the love to do that for me and make it possible for me to return to my Father in Heaven. I'm so grateful for this knowledge in my life. This message is one of hope. All things have been made possible through Jesus Christ, and there is nothing we can't overcome with His help in our lives. I would most certainly not be where I am in my life today without it. So grateful to know that this life is not the end, but that through Christ we may partake of eternal life and live forever with our families in the life to come. May we all remember what the Savior means to us as we celebrate this Easter season, the commemoration of His resurrection. And may we strive to live in such a way that His light will continue to be seen, and bring hope to all those around us.

1 comment: