Come listen to living prophets

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Not Your Average Christmas Song



So in light of the awesome Christmas devotional given by the First Presidency tonight, I thought I'd offer up one of my favorite "Christmasy" songs. It's by a band called Flyleaf that typically does alternative metal (which I rather enjoy) but this song is pretty low key acoustics. The message of the song really speaks for itself. All I have to add is that I am eternally grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ coming into this world and laying down His life for me so that I could overcome both sin and death. Without Him, redemption and returning to the presence of our Heavenly Father would be impossible. I'm also so grateful for the earthly parents of the Savior, Mary and Joseph, for having the courage and willingness to bring Him into the world. I cannot imagine what it must have been like to be given that calling, and I'm sure they felt like it was extremely daunting. They have become examples to me and I hope that I will have the same courage to do whatever the Lord asks of me.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I missed this post, but I now officially adore this song. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete