Come listen to living prophets

Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Greatest Gift


Today my ward was combined with two others for a combined Christmas sacrament meeting. There were several beautiful musical numbers along with an incredible talk by one of the most revered men in my community. He talked about the gifts that we could give our families and the Savior. What stood out most to meet was when he said, "The greatest gift that we can give our families is our testimony of the Savior". He went on to talk about a particular bible that had been handed down throughout several generations of his family and how it represented the continuation of faith throughout those generations. I too have been blessed to have members of the church as my ancestors, some of them pioneers that made the trek west to the Salt Lake Valley. This evening my family and I watched the film 17 Miracles, which gives an account of the Willie and Martin handcart company and the trials they experienced coming to the Salt Lake Valley. Some of my own ancestors were a part of that company, and I'm eternally grateful that despite the horrendous trials they had to endure, they maintained their faith and overcame those tribulations. I would most certainly agree that one of the greatest gifts I have in this life is knowing that my parents have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. That knowledge has made all the difference in my life, and I plan to see that it has the same presence in my future family.

I hope that during this season we all remember what our Savior Jesus Christ has done for us through His infinite and eternal Atonement and all that He continues to do for us. I know He lives and that because He does, I will too after this life. I'm grateful to know that through His power on earth, I have the opportunity to be with my family after this life. Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment