Come listen to living prophets

Monday, October 10, 2011

My Life as an English Teacher In Training

So the picture above is an activity we did in my English Teaching Exploration class. It's called chalk talk. You have a topic in the middle and anyone can come up and write anything about it, but they have to be silent. As you can see, it can get pretty messy, but its fun to change things up every now and again. This class has been a blast and I HIGHLY recommend it to any English majors at BYU who have an interest in teaching. I know that's a pretty limited amount of people, but I still think it's a very underrated class. There aren't enough colleges, even within BYU, that have a class like this. It has helped me so much in deciding what I want to do for a career.
FHE was awesome tonight as well. We had a lesson about "The Good Samaritan" and how it's also comparable to the main points of the Plan of Salvation. Then we played a game called "Celebrity Bowl", which is kind of a mix of several games like Taboo and Charades. It was great fun. I have an awesome family to be a part of.
Tomorrow night will be World Cup Soccer for German Week on campus, which Becca is spearheading, so if you're looking for something interesting and exciting to do tomorrow night on campus, come check it out. It's going to be great!

1 comment: