Come listen to living prophets

Friday, November 11, 2011

Letting the Savior Into Our Lives

I've been pondering a lot about some of the trials I've been facing lately and as I was listening to Elder Hales' talk in conference about Waiting Upon the Lord, this scripture and image came to my mind. I still remember this picture hanging in my room throughout my childhood and up until I left on my mission. I had no idea as a child how much this scripture would come to mean to me later in my life.
I can't tell you how many times I knocked on people's doors in my mission who would only yell from behind the door, but never open them. I can remember having an extended conversation from behind a door with a less active member that we had been trying to contact for some time. I remember just wishing that they would allow us to come inside so we could talk to them face-to-face and help them straighten out the things that were going wrong at the time.
Unfortunately, I tend to do this sometimes in my own life. I can get so caught up with the craziness of life that the Savior tends to get pushed out of my house, and He comes knocking again and again for me to let Him back in. I believe that our trials are one of the ways that the Savior continually knocks on our doors and pleads for us to let Him help us. I'm grateful that He never gives up on any of us, no matter how long we've left Him standing outside. He will always be waiting for us to let Him back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment