Come listen to living prophets

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Visit from the Prophet!


Oh the joys of waiting in line for Pres. Monson's devotional today! I'm still amazed that there were people that slept in tents. I mean, I showed up at eight and the line was pretty small. But within twenty minutes of course, it was starting to get crazy. I'm so glad we got the chance to hear from Pres. Monson today. I love how the Spirit can teach us exactly what we need to know through people like him. Pres. Monson talked mainly about our influence that we can have on the world and the light that comes into our lives when we choose to follow the example of the Savior. He challenged us to be good examples so that others could feel the love of the Savior through us. I'm so grateful to the many people in my life that have done just that and have influenced me for the better. I think I came to see the greatest effects such an example can have while I was in the mission field through serving others and being served. This gospel is AMAZING! :)

2 comments:

  1. Josh - this is lovely. And hey - I am technically in that picture you took. I was sitting way on the end by the portal. Also, president Monson is hilarious. I loved, loved that devotional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! That's awesome! Frankly, I'm surprised the picture looks as good as it does, given my phone camera. And yes, Pres. Monson was just as funny as he was spiritually uplifting. You can never listen to a talk by him without leaving with a smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete