Come listen to living prophets

Friday, November 25, 2011

Short Post On Gratitude

Since I tend to be long winded on just about everything I write, I'm going to keep this short, not to mention this is a little belated with the passing of Thanksgiving.

Top 5 Things I'm Thankful For (not necessarily in any order):

1) My Amazing Family
Having six younger sisters and a younger brother may not be everyone's idea of fun, but I wouldn't have it any other way for me. Each one of them is unique and easy to love. They do more for me than I recognize most of the time.

2) Food
Ok, so I didn't serve a foreign mission where I had to give up my favorite Thanksgiving foods for two years, but I met plenty of people who struggled to put food on the table for themselves and their families. It didn't take long for me to realize as a missionary that I might not have the money to buy all the food I wanted, but I certainly never had to worry if I was going to be eating the next day or not.
3) Memories
I don't get to see many of my best friends from my childhood very often, but on days like today where I get that opportunity, I'm so grateful I have great memories to look back on with them. There are plenty of memories that I wish I could erase from my mind, but there are so many more that I hope I never forget.
4) Movies
I don't need to say much here given my prior posts. This is something quite temporal and that I could learn to live without, but I hope I never have to. They are my favorite escape from reality.
5) A New Job
Early morning custodial jobs aren't the most desirable form of employment, but I'm so grateful to have something steady to help cover my bills and one that doesn't directly conflict with any of my classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment